I’ve been neglecting my blog this weekend and I feel bad. I had to go to Nottingham to move some stuff into my new house before I move in properly next weekend so most of my weekend was spent packing and then going to the house.
Anyways, I decided to start this week off with doing the posts for the blog awards I’ve been nominated for over the past two weeks. Let me just say how excited I got when I got the first one…and then the second one…and by the third one well it all got a bit much for me! I know these awards get passed around and lots of people have them but it’s so nice to know that people actually read and enjoy my blog 🙂
Okay, enough cheesiness, on with the awards.
The first one was from Cleopatra Loves Books and it was a Liebster Award. Thank you very much, go check out her blog for lots of book goodness .
Okay, for this one I need to follow these rules…
-Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
-Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
-Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
-Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
-Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
Here are my answers to the 10 questions.
1. What is your favourite book of all time? This is really quite tricky. The books which have stuck with me and I would happily read again and again are all but the second of the Harry Potter series (obviously), The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger and Little Women.
2. Where would you like to live if money were no object? I think probably New York City or San Francisco
3. Do you have a phobia or real hatred for something that would be in your room 101? What is it? I can’t really think of anything right now.
4. What’s the first thing you do when you get in after a hard day? As lame as it sounds, most days when I get home at the moment I get into bed and read/write blogs for a few hours. This definitely cheers me up if I’ve had a rubbish day.
5. Do you lie to your doctor about how much you drink/how much exercise you take? Hmm interesting, I pretty much never go to the doctor but if I did I probably wouldn’t bother lying. I don’t drink much anymore and I don’t really feel that embarrassed about the fact that I’m incredibly lazy (although I probably should)
6. What is your current favourite TV Show? GREY’S ANATOMY…OMG I love it so much.
7. Do you tell shop assistants if they give you too much change? Erm…I can’t think of a time that this has happened to me but I probably wouldn’t even notice until I’d left the shop, I’m always in too much of a panic to get out of the way for the next person to notice something like that.
8. Do you laugh or own up if someone tells you a joke that you don’t get? Usually just own up, depends if it’s someone I want to impress or not.
9. Is there a cheesy song that you secretly love? If so what is it? There are tons of cheesy songs which I would happily admit to loving, probably the most embarrassing in recent years way when me and my friends went through a major phase of loving Call Me Maybe.
10. Which historical character would you like to be for a day? Right now, while I’m obsessed with my dissertation topic I’d probably choose Eleanor Roosevelt so I could really get to the bottom of what her life was like.
Ok now I’m supposed to nominate 10 blogs but I’m just gonna do five so I can give the other awards to some people too.
- My Gap Year Adventure
- Reading With a Feather
- My [redacted] Journey
- If All Else Fails…Use a Hammer
Now I’m supposed to ask 10 questions.
- How did you come up with name for your blog?
- What prompted you to start a blog?
- What are five of your favourite things?
- Who do you most admire?
- What’s your favourite comfort food?
- Are you superstitious?
- What was your dream job when you were little?
- When’s your birthday and what’s your favourite way to celebrate it?
- Where is the best place you’ve travelled to?
- What have you done today?
I realise those questions leave a lot to be desire…I’ve been at work all day and my brain isn’t working at full speed.
Right, onto the second one. That would be the Versatile Blogger Award which was given to me by Oldest Daughter & Red Headed Sister, I’ve just started reading this blog and I’m really enjoying it, go check it out.
This is what goes down with this award…
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
I’m going to nominate five more for this one and then five more for the last one, hope that’s cool with everyone.
- Vivienne’s Process of Elmination
- The Coffee Loverr
- Food For Fun
- Dating Dramas Of A Thirty Something
- The Mom in Black
The next one asks for 7 facts so I’m going to cheat a bit and just do seven altogether..that’s quite enough facts about me for one day so hold tight.
The final award was from Mindurspirit and is the Shine On award. This is a really nice blog with lots of wise words, take a look!
The rules for this one are…
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award requirements.
So I’ll nominate 5 more blogs for this one.
- Drinking Tips for Teens
- Yummy Food Made Easy
- Stunted Adults
- Flavors of Bogota
- Here and Loathing
And now for those two, here’s some facts about me.
- I’m obsessed with watching hospital dramas and they always make me wish I’d become a doctor despite having no talent in science and being unable to handle the sight of blood…therefore making me a terrible candidate for becoming a doctor.
- I used to act in youth theatres a lot when I was younger and I miss performing all the time, even though I’m much shyer now and probably wouldn’t have the guts.
- I have two older sisters who are pretty cool and I come from a very close family…this sounds a bit cringey but my parents are my best friends.
- Every time someone comments on or follows my blog I get really excited and tell whoever happens to be close by. I still find it surprising that people actually read it!
- I was best friends with my boyfriend for two years before we got together.
- I hate dogs and ice cream.
- My favourite colour is and always will be yellow,
There you have it, 7 completely random facts off the top of my head.
I realise lots of people don’t do blogging awards or have already received these ones so it’s cool if the people I’ve nominated don’t want to do them…just know I think your blogs are really great! And thanks so much to the three people that nominated me, I think you’re really great too!
That’s all for now