This is my 19th post on this blog. I feel like a reflective post should be on a nice even number; here’s a fact about me for free…I hate odd numbers, don’t know what it is about them they just don’t look good to me. My lucky number is 8, in case you’re interested.
Anyways, this Daily Prompt fell on the day of my 19th post so who am I to argue? I shall persevere through my hatred of odd numbers and present you with a nice reflective 19th post.
1) I’m not too good at sticking things out
At least the old me wasn’t. I started this blog last September and my final post while I was in Albany was in December. If you were basing a judgement on that track record you could definitely argue that the meagre effort I put in last year was a reflection of a person who struggles with seeing things through. But like I said, that was the old me, you can read all about the new me here. So maybe the first thing you can really learn about me is that I’m trying to improve myself.
2) I like positivity
The prompt suggested considering your blog title. I guess in my mind this blog could have been called ‘Five things about’ or ‘Five reasons why’ or something like that (ok those names kind of suck but you get the picture). The reason it’s called ‘My top fives’ is because, on the whole, I tend to prefer thinking about five reasons I like something rather than five reasons why I don’t like something. Negativity kind of bores me a lot of the time; it’s not so much that it upsets me but that being around people who are perpetually negative kind of gets a bit old after a while, what’s the point in assuming the worst?
3) I LIKE YELLOW
Well just in case you thought my choice of background was arbitrary, it’s not. Yellow is my favourite colour and it used to be somewhat of an obsession of mine. My family used to buy me everything yellow up until a few years ago, maybe I’m growing up now that I’m open to other colour choices, I don’t know. Anyways, yellow things make me smile.
4) I spend a lot of time contemplating both the past and the future
I guess this is just a human trait really. If I’m not missing the good old days and writing lame posts about childhood bands, I’m thinking about the things I’ll be able to buy with the money I assume I’m going to make one day and writing posts about what I’m going to be when I finally grow up.
5) I love a good ellipsis…
Take a brief stroll through my blog and you’ll find an excessive amount of full stops scattered all over the place. I don’t know why I do this but it’s something people often comment on. I do it on facebook, twitter and now on here too. Wikipedia tells me that an ellipsis can be used to indicate an unfinished thought or a trailing off into silence. I feel like that’s pretty accurate, most of the time I stop talking it’s because I’ve been distracted by something else or realised I’m sounding like a bit of an idiot so should probably trail off quietly!
That’s all for now
P.s Oh and here’s some more fun daily prompt posts for ya
- Reflections | The Magic Black Book
- A Seperate Side | Godrick Gnomish
- My Blog About | The Lurker’s List
- Daily Prompt: Reflections | Books, Music, Photography & Movies : my best friends
- Reflections | thoughtsofrkh
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall | littlegirlstory
- that’s me in the spotlight | bodhisattvaintraining
- Mirror Mirror On The Wall | suzie81’s Blog
- Pride | cellarfloor
- Crystal World | Foto Challenge
- The Sights You Will See | Good2begone
- Right Back Atcha | JuSt ViSiTiNG THiS PLaNeT…
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall | Life & Times
- Reflections: Ali in Bloggerland! | alienorajt
- Mirror? | Hope* the happy hugger
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall | MyBlog – solaner
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall « Mama Bear Musings
- Reflections | The Ambitious Drifter
- Blogging Is Sharing Flowers | The Jittery Goat
- Mirror, Mirror | ciara the unicorn
- I DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU HEARD ABOUT ME…. | Phoenix Flights
- Shadows of the world | notsinglebutnothappy
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall | Fasting, Food and other musings by determined34
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall | Under the Monkey Tree
- Daily Prompt: Reflections… | The Amateur Camera
- Reflections | Andante Cantabile
- Daily Prompt : Mirror, Mirror on the wall | Valley Girl Gone Country
- Daily Prompt: Mirror,Mirror, On the wall | Motherhood and Beyond
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall | life n me!
- Stop staring at me | Mind of a Mouse
- Mirror, mirror | Sue’s Trifles
- Tuesday and Morning, what do you see in the Mirror? (me?) | tuesday and morning
- Daily Prompt: Reflections | Postcards from
- How do we see ourselves? | New Visions
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror ~ This Snow White is black, white and wants to be read all over | theempathyqueen
- What if I could be myself? | Okay, what if ?
- Creative Cauldron | Blue Loft
- Reflections Eternal: Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall | Eyes Closed, Mind Open.
- “Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall” | Relax
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall | The Story of a Guy
- Photoblog for a writer | Life is great
- Daily Prompt: Reflections of Me & the City | Far from Done
- Mirror Mirror On The Wall . . . | Spirit Lights The Way
- Reflections… | The Rider
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror on the Wall | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- I saw a human-cat. | Nekoruchii: Life of a Commoner
- Twin Reflections | Travel with Intent
- Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall | Along Life’s Road
- duck (Reflections) | photo potpourri
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall | LADYBOY PROMPT
- Sex, Lies and Vampire Parenting Blogging | Vampire Maman
- DP ~ Reflections in a Blog | Saving Daddy’s Soulmate
- TAGS ARE THE MIRROR OF THE SOUL, AND A CAR MADE OF FUR | Standing Ovation, Seated
- Dry Tortugas | The Life NomadikThe Life Nomadik
- Molly Greye’s Blog Rap Poetry | Molly Greye
- Cant « froodian pseudoanalysis
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror On The Wall | Simply Julie!
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror – Who Am I? | Randomness Expressed
- Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall -Reflections | Cosmos Wonderland
- My Blog and Me..what do I see? | Daily Observations
- Habit of burden | shame
- Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall: Reflections | Khana’s Web
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall | From Slacker To Scribe
- Reflections | The Nameless One